Tuesday, February 28, 2006

 

A lame blog, or, My wife is an addict

It's official, my wife is addicted to blogging. That's part of the reason that I haven't posted in several days. I want to show that I'm not addicted. I could quit anytime. But not her. She'd have a heartattack if our internet service went out for a day.

I'm thinking of organizing an intervention. But the only people that she respects are blog people (can I coin the term 'blog people'?). And these blog people probably wouldn't participate in the intervention anyway.
But I have to admit, there is a certain satisfaction that one gets from receiving comments. And they don't even have to be good comments. I think receiving comments on a blog has replaced having messages on the answering machine as a booster to self-worth.

BTW, I had a mid-term exam today, another reason I haven't posted in a while. Will school ever be over???

Comments:
I'm sorry...? Who was taunting me the other day because he had more profile views than I did? I guess that doesn't count as blog obsession.

Oh, BTW, I now have more profile views than you do. AND more comments.
 
I have to agree with the rush that new comments provide. What sucks the most is when your rush is immediately deflated upon realizing that your newest "commentor" is trying to sell you Xanax.
 
Just wondering... what would be the 12 steps in your recovery program for Amanda?
 
I find just reading blogs addicting! Am considering starting my own,but am afraid no one would read it :( Not sure I could handle the rejection.On the other hand,if there were a lot of comments I would feel obligated to answer each one,which could become rather time-consuming and tedious.

Anyway,I feel blessed to live in this internet age with the ability to "talk" to people from other countries and cultures,or even those who live in my hometown that I would not have otherwise met.
 
Great post. Kind of like the purple background too.
 
Just wanted to boost your comment numbers vs. Amanda. Hope this helps! Have a great vacation!
 
OK, you're not addicted. You've proven your point. Can you please post again now?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?